Friday, May 18, 2007

28 Weeks Later

28 Weeks Later is guilty of three sins of bad movies. Its plot is horrible. During the beginning I couldn't help think why the guy running away from the zombies leaves his wife in the house he's running away from. When his children leave to find their mother I don't why he doesn't try to stop them. The rest of the plot is just as confusing.

The acting and the dialogue aren't much better. Most of the actors are just as stiff as the zombies, and the dialogue is awful. This movies is better suited for an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, or a direct to DVD release. That's how bad it is. To make matters worse for every minute of action there's several minuets of boredom.

Shawn of the Dead my have been a comedy but its a better zombie movie than this. At least Shawn of the Dead had more suspense, drama, and action than 28 Weeks Later. Sadly this is yet another flick that relays heavily on effects. The effect are awesome, but they can't make up for the bad plot, acting, and dialogue. I haven't seen 28 Days Later, but I hope that its better than the sequel. The ending leaves an opening for a third movie, and I hope there isn't one.

I give this movie a 4 out of 10.

How the rating system works:
10-9=A
8-7= B
6-5= C
4-3= D
2-0= F

This year so far
Scores out of 10
Ghost Rider 4
300 8
TMNT 7
Fracture 5

No comments: